On Sunday, July 8, 10:30am, Hopedale will take a look at the changes in Immigration policy in the last year and why the UUA made immigration reform its primary focus at General Assembly in June 2012. MJ Pierson, UUCGC president, will join us for this session.
I’ve gathered a few articles and resources to aid our discussion. If you are able, please review the following documents:
- Butler County To Lose Special Power: local police no longer can act as immigration agents as program shuts down.
- Census BC|Ohio quickfacts: a look snapshot look at who lives in Butler County
- Legal Aid Society of SW Ohio Cinci Office: describes assistance to immigrants through a Cincinnati organization.
- Obama easing rules: US administration eases policy on deportation.
- Ohio’s immigrant workforce lags US: study shows Ohio’s economy benefits from immigration.